Last updated January 9, 2023
- Visit Our website at https://botkube.io/, or any other website(s) of ours that link to this Policy;
- Use or visit any other websites, domains, sub-domains, application programming interfaces (“APIs”), bots, frameworks, development environments, templates, documentation, configurations, mobile websites, or mobile applications (collectively, the “Services”) that We develop, manage, operate, or otherwise make available;
(3) Engage with Us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, online communications, or events.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
Reading this Policy will help You understand Your privacy rights and choices. If You do not agree with Our policies and practices, please do not use Our Services. If You still have any questions or concerns, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
What personal information do We Process?
When You visit, use, or navigate Our Services, We may Process personal information depending on how You interact with Kubeshop and the Services, the choices You make, and the products and features You use.
Do We Process any sensitive personal information?
We do not Process sensitive personal information.
Do We receive any information from third parties?
We do not receive any information from third parties.
How do We Process Your information?
We Process Your information to provide, improve, and administer Our Services, communicate with You, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also Process Your information for other purposes with Your consent. We Process Your information only when We have a valid legal reason to do so.
In what situations and with which parties do We share personal information?
We may share information in specific situations and with specific third parties as necessary to analyze the effectiveness of and improve Our Services. We never share any sensitive personal information or personally identifiable data with other parties.
How do We keep Your information safe?
We have organizational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect Your personal information. However, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so We cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat Our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify Your information.
What are Your rights?
Depending on where You are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean You have certain rights regarding Your personal information.
How do You exercise Your rights?
The easiest way to exercise Your rights is by filling out Our data subject request form for the relevant Service which You are using, or by contacting Us. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information You disclose to Us
We collect personal information that You voluntarily provide to Us when You register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about Us or Our products and Services, when You participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when You contact Us.
We do not Process sensitive information or personally identifiable information.
All personal information that You provide to Us must be true, complete, and accurate, and You must notify Us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when You visit, use, or navigate the Services, such as telemetry data. This information does not reveal Your specific identity (like Your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as Your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when You use Our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of Our Services, and for Our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, We also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information We collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information Our servers automatically collect when You access or use Our Services and which We record in log files. Depending on how You interact with Us, this log data may include Your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about Your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with Your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions You take such as which features You use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called "crash dumps"), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about Your computer, phone, tablet, or other device You use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as Your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Telemetry Data. For internal metrics and product optimizations, Kubeshop collects the following anonymized and untraceable data which is used only in aggregate form: the number of CLI installations; the number of unique CLI usages in a day; the number of installations to a cluster; the number of unique active cluster installations; the number of people who disable telemetry; the number of unique sessions in the UI; and, the number of API, Static Route, and EnvoyFleet creations. A user may opt-out of such telemetry data collection if they prefer not to share any information by contacting Kubeshop at the email address provided.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We Process Your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how You interact with Our Services, including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may Process Your information so You can create and login to Your account, as well as keep Your account in working order.
- To protect Our Services. We may Process Your information as part of Our efforts to keep Our Services safe and secure, including fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To identify usage trends. We may Process information about how You use Our Services to better understand how they are being used so We can improve them.
- To determine the effectiveness of Our marketing and promotional campaigns. We may Process Your information to better understand how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to You.
- To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may Process Your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
3. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting You can activate to signal Your privacy preference not to have data about Your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, We do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates Your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that We must follow in the future, We will inform You about that practice in a revised version of this Policy.
4. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits Our users who are California residents to request and obtain from Us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) We disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which We shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If You are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit Your request in writing to Us using the contact information provided below.
If You are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Services, You have the right to request removal of unwanted data that You publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact Us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with Your account and a statement that You reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all Our systems (e.g., backups, compliance with legal obligations, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a "resident" as:
- Every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and;
- Every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose.
All other individuals are defined as "non-residents."
If this definition of "resident" applies to You, We must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding Your personal information.
What categories of personal information do We collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories through instances where You interact with Us in person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through Our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests;
- Facilitation in the delivery of Our Services and to respond to Your inquiries.
How do We use and share Your personal information?
More information about Our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this Policy.
You may contact Us by email at email@example.com, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document.
If You are using an authorized agent to exercise Your right to opt out We may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on Your behalf.
Will Your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose Your personal information with Our service providers pursuant to a written contract between Us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that Processes the information on Our behalf.
We may use Your personal information for Our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be "selling" of Your personal information.
We have not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. We will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website visitors, users, and other consumers.
Your rights with respect to Your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data — Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of Your personal information. If You ask Us to delete Your personal information, We will respect Your request and delete Your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, Our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation, or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed — Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, You have a right to know:
- Whether We collect and use Your personal information;
- The categories of personal information that We collect;
- The purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- Whether We sell Your personal information to third parties;
- The categories of personal information that We sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, We are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against You if You exercise Your privacy rights.
Upon receiving Your request, We will need to verify Your identity to determine You are the same person about whom We have the information in Our system. These verification efforts require Us to ask You to provide information so that We can match it with information You have previously provided Us. For instance, depending on the type of request You submit, We may ask You to provide certain information so that we can match the information You provide with the information We already have on file, or We may contact You through a communication method (e.g., phone or email) that You have previously provided to Us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in Your request to verify Your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, We will avoid requesting additional information from You for the purposes of verification. However, if We cannot verify Your identity from the information already maintained by Us, We may request that You provide additional information for the purposes of verifying Your identity and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as We finish verifying You.
Other privacy rights
You may object to the Processing of Your personal information.
You may request correction of Your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the Processing of the information.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on Your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on Your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
You may request to opt out from future selling of Your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving an opt-out request, We will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than fifteen (15) days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, You can contact Us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If You have a complaint about how We handle Your data, We would like to hear from You.
5. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If You have questions or comments about this notice, You may email Us at email@example.com or by mail to:
Kubernetes Innovation Labs LLC
20 Brynwood Ln, Greenwich, CT 06831, USA
Greenwich, CT 06831
6. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of Your country, You may have the right to request access to the personal information We collect from You, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete Your personal information, please submit a request form by contacting Us or submitting the necessary documents at https://github.com/kubeshop/botkube/security/policy.
Together, these documents are referred to collectively as the “Policies” or “Policies.” You must at all times abide by the Policies in order to continue using the Services.